A Carousel representative will remotely assist with performing an update of the existing Carousel 7 server software on the same server instance. Does not apply to upgrades from Carousel 6 or below, or for migrating to a new server instance. Does not include any advanced configuration options, player installation assistance, or data migration. Please allow 1-2 business days for scheduling. This service does not include the cost of the software license upgrade.
- Remote access to the server
- The ability to log into Windows using the local Administrator account, or an existing Carousel service account
- A backup has been made of the SQL databases and the media folder.
The following checklist items will be completed as a part of the Upgrade Assistance service.
- The updated software is installed on the server
- Users can log into the UI using their accounts both locally on the server and from another workstations web browser
- There are no errors on the system health screen (Dynamic bulletin errors may appear depending on the servers ability to connect)
- A bulletin can be created and published
- Previously connected players are connected and displayed in the dashboard
- If Brightsign players or AppleTV's are used, they have updated and are back online
- If Windows players are used, one will be updated with Carousel representative assistance if remote access is given to the player
- The player(s) can successfully download and display content from the server