A Carousel Rep will remotely assist with migrating Carousel 7 content and user account data from a previous server instance to new Carousel 7 server instance. New Carousel 7 server instance is required before migration can begin. Please allow 1-2 business day for scheduling.
- Remote access to the destination server
- Complete backups of the Carousel and FrontDoor SQL databases are copied to the destination server (detailed instructions will be provided)
- Copies of any custom configuration files in use on the source server are copied to the destination server (detailed instructions will be provided)
- The Media folder from the source server is copied to the destination server (detailed instructions will be provided)
- The Carousel Server Software is either already installed on the destination server, or installation assistance has also been purchased
- The ability to log into Windows using the local Administrator account
- If this is forbidden on the client network, an alternate service account with sufficient privileges can be substituted. In the event that the installer fails due to insufficient privileges, the local administrator account must be used
The following checklist items will be completed as a part of the Migration Assistance service.
- All previous signage content is present and accessible on the destination server
- All user accounts and their settings are present and usable on the destination server